Monday, June 1, 2009

Crossing the Bridge

If you're an INTI student, you'd know that in order to go to class, many times we have to cross a sky bridge, linking the academic block to the multi-purpose hall. Today, as I happily skipped to class, I stumbled upon these er, paper signs that some society probably put up. Putting up signs like this is an interesting way, because as you cross the bridge, you read the other signs, one after another.

Seems interesting, INTI recently changed owners, for those that don't know. Maybe they're promoting something cool that the new management allowed?


Hmm.. Seems interesting. Maybe we get some new facilities! Or maybe it's just one of those love your college crap. Either way, I'll see how it goes.


Err. Okay. I knew that, but what could this lead to?


Actually I knew that as well. But most people might not, is this some wildlife conservation or ecology thing?


OH SHIT. I sincerely hope this is not what I think it is about..
Then i saw it.. Inti Muslim Student Society. Crap.


Not the design argument again.. Btw, snail sex must be pretty interesting. (And I don't mean sex as in gender)


I don't get how this proves their god either.


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...


If you're searching for relavance, you won't find any.


Must be some kind of sick divine practical joke. It's actually quite funny when you think about it.


Darwin and Wallace are turning in their graves... sobbing.


I can't resist posting the next picture after this.



and finally..


WHY THANK YOU, Inti Muslim Society, this is what you done to my mind:


Truth is, how cool things are, and how cool life is doesn't prove the existence your God, nor His magnificence and greatness, nor His purpose for mankind. Using a student's role in INTI as an analogy to God's role for mankind is neither creative, nor smart, nor accurate. Humans are not "human inventions" that exist for a particular purpose. Suggesting that joining the event, or your religion, makes a student "stay smart", thus implying that students who do not do so are stupid, does not make your cause seem pure, in fact, it's a cheap shot. Not different from many marketing campaigns I might add.

Next time, you guys wanna promote your society or your event, do what the INTI Christian Fellowship is doing. Invite some musician nobody knows, make it seem like a big deal and grant free access to students for his concert.

I concur.

No comments:

Post a Comment