Friday, May 22, 2009

Little Pleasures

Ever notice how when you hang out with a friend you tend to gain some new experience and learn something new? This post is dedicated to all my friends, old and new, and the pleasure I gained in knowing you.

Some of you have taught me that you can find little treasures everywhere if you look (e.g, an unknown cassette on the roadside),
some of you have taught me that ordering spring rolls at secret recipe isn't a waste of money (god they were awesome),
some of you have made me realize that sometimes (just sometimes!) it's okay to act like a kid,
some of you just make me smile,
some of you give me new insights on human behavior,
some of you made me realize that it's really not that hard to decide what you want in life and we should follow our dream with persistence,
some of you taught me the value of having an open-mind,
some of you have cautioned me against the dangers of tempting rationalizations and false beliefs,
some of you have taught me that sometimes, we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover,
some of you grace me with wonderful (cough) music,
some of you made me pick up something I never would if I never met you,
some of you taught me how to drink,
some of you remind me that as a young adult, I must take responsibility for my actions,
some of you become outlets for me to show a dark sadistic side of myself,
some of you provide me with intellectual conversations,
all of you help me grow as a person,

So to all my friends, thank you, life is indeed full of hormone-inducing little pleasures.

1 comment:

  1. Friends are wonderful. That's why you're my best. And I mean it. I'm not just saying it because it sounds kind and thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete